Created by: Nikita Kovalyov
Updated: July 2004
English Students' Funny Mistakes
This is a collection of funny mistakes made by learners of English as a second language on their English classes.
See the Funny Stundents' Mistakes Answers
- Submitted by:Dirce
A friend in a restaurant:
Waiter, Could you bring me some kidnaps, please?
- Submitted by: Simon D.
From a student's essay:
When I got home, I had a massage on the answering machine.
- Sent in a message by a technical support specialist:
Feel free to contact me if you cause any problems.
- Said while talking about daily routines:
In the morning, I get up at seven o'clock; clean my tooth;
have breakfast; and go to work.
- Said by a student talking about differences between men and women:
I like the opposite to sex very much.
- Written in a progress test by a sweet seventeen-year-old girl:
I haven't had any male for more than a month.
- The phrase was said by a student who had just been given another
handout at the end of the lesson:
Excuse me. Is this the last shit for today?
- From a writing task in a progress test:
I think that education in Ukraine is bed.
- A quite common mistake:
She has a long black hair.
He has short fair hairs.
- A typical mistake from a Headway Elementary Progress Test:
They are like travelling by bus.
Submit another funny mistake!
Do you know any other funny mistakes made by students of English as a second language? Share them with us!
None of the fields except "Funny Mistake" is obligatory.